Monday, November 3, 2008

Time Change Blues...

Seems we are definitely back to our regular type temperatures....overnight low, even with rain, was around 64 degrees. So far this afternoon, we are sitting about 76 degrees and partly sunny skies...some pretty gnarly looking dark clouds sitting off to the SW at the moment.

Hubby managed to blow dirt into his eye over the weekend while getting his engine back together, seems the drops and ointment have eased the 'scratchy' feeling, but with the eye tearing so much, he can't focus well enough to be driving the big trucks....or for that matter, even my little Dakota. So he called off this morning to rest the eye. That's about all he's done since he rolled out of bed this morning....close his eyes and go back to sleep.

I ran into town to make the deposit he neglected to make Friday....what an absolute waste of my gas and time to do this when he was in town on Friday anyway. But, I'm not going to bother getting aggravated with him over it again...I just told him it needed to go so I didn't have to worry about paying overdraft charges to the bank. The rent check has already been received by the landlord and that would be all I need to do, bounce a check to him....although, he's bounced a few his self, I hate paying money to the bank for stuff like that.

Our friends came out just after dark last night and we hung out on the screened porch. It was a really nice night for sitting outside. The time change sure is throwing me for a loop....was odd to close the coops just before 6 pm. It's been the same all day. Just takes a few weeks for the rest of me to catch up to the clocks. On the positive side, by the time hubby gets home, there will be little time for him to do much outside....ok, it's only positive for me...we'll get to eat before midnight...LOL. Was total darkness by 6 pm...I was amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment