Sunday, November 2, 2008

Growling at everything

Our first morning of the 'fall behind' time change...now if only the dogs would have allowed me to sleep the extra hour...

Temperatures overnight were around 64 degrees...felt pretty chilly, but not so much that I kicked the heat on. This morning was very cloudy and overcast and now at almost 1:45 pm, we have been having light rain off and on for the past three hours. Figures, hubby was wanting to finish up his truck this morning and we were planning to head out to the county fair around noon. Current temperature is a wet, 70 degrees with cloud filled, dark skies. I doubt we'll head to the fair in this type of weather. This would have been the first time in years we have been during the daylight hours, usually we head out just before dark.

My issue with the back and leg is diminishing...today has been the first day I haven't had to keep it elevated and have been able to walk around and stand without the calf muscles spasming. The pain is under control and even the ice pack is back in the freezer. Of course, I won't be able to get any more of the weeding attempted with all this rain, so there's no chance of re-aggravating it at the moment. Such a shame as the Mexican Petunias are still needing to be dug out in several more areas in the front bed.

I thought our friends were planning to stop in this weekend...they were interested in taking some of these petunias off my hands and some of the Wedalia also. Haven't heard a word from them and at the rate we are seeing rain, I doubt if they will decide to come out. Probably hear from them about dark, letting us know that they aren't going to come out.

Just as well....I woke up growling at the dog and hubby is trying to ease a headache... now if only the neighbors will stop shooting at whatever it is they keep firing guns towards....

No comments:

Post a Comment