Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cold and Achy makes for foul mood

Another very chill morning here in Central Florida...at 7 am, the temperature is 45 degrees according to my porch thermometer. The heat is on at the moment, even though I have it set below 65 on the thermostat. DJ over at Heirloom Gardens made an interesting remark about us getting the Arctic air before them. While watching the weather last night I think I know why...the high that was pushing across us was bringing the winds from the WNW as it sucked that cold air down from Canada...by the end of today, we are supposed to be having winds out of the NE, and our temperatures are supposed to be warming. At 7:15 am we are just beginning to see the sun throw light in the eastern sky. The past few mornings it has been dark at this time.

Yesterday was one of those days I could have spent in bed. I couldn't get warm enough and I felt as if I was feverish...my eyes felt on fire. My entire body was just aching like a bad toothache. Guess it must have to do with the weather and being outside after dark. Even my head was throbbing. I spent the day wrapped up in my thick blanket robe and my afghan, dozing in my chair. When hubby came in last night, he was experiencing the headache and went to bed early. I truly hope it's the weather creating this. We have recently visited friends, but no one there appeared sick. My body is feeling a bit better this morning and hubby says he's feeling ok this morning.

We've been trying to eat earlier for some time now...some nights we were just getting to eat by 9:30 pm. I know that's one of the things that has created the weight issues for me. But, hubby was whining about eating so late and it doesn't matter to me what time we eat, so I was trying to have supper ready before 7 pm. Last night when he came in I was aching to the point that I knew I needed to take the Advils for relief. So I mentioned what I had in mind for supper, the leftover bean soup, and he was agreeable for that. I got the soup heated and the leftover cornbread also. It was just past 5 pm when I began dishing out the soup...got both our bowls ready and called him to come fix his cornbread. He ignored me all three times. So I got my tray and when I walked past him, he gave me an odd look. I told him I had called him three times already to come get his and his response...."I'm not ready to eat yet". GRRRRR....and THIS is precisely why I stopped having meals ready before dark.....yet he's the one whining about eating late...I can't win. It really didn't matter to me at that point, I have to eat before I can take the Advils and so I ate. He didn't go warm his back up until almost 8 pm. I may just have to go on strike in the kitchen...if I'm going to take the time to make food, then you best be ready to eat, otherwise, plan on eating out. I'll just stop going to the grocery and we can just blow the paycheck eating out every night. That way, he can eat when HE's ready. This just irritates my eyes out...especially since he was aware that I wasn't feeling well and haven't been for the past couple of days. Yeah, the more I think about this, the more I think the two of us need to get this hashed out...if he's going to be this way, then he can just fend for his self all the way. I'll eat when I'm ready and he can wait until midnight if he chooses. Just pisses me off because he knows that I wait for him before I eat....it's been that way since we got together. I would feed the kids before he got home but I would wait to eat with him. We've had several arguments because he would eat wherever he was at, knowing that I would have supper ready and was waiting to eat with him. Another reason I stopped cooking until he came in. It's crap like this that makes me not want to even bother with a relationship.
Hell, if I have to do EVERYTHING by myself, what do I need him or anyone else around for? I think I need to put myself back to bed...I'm just too foul this morning...

6 comments:

  1. Men!!! It sounds like exactly the same stuff I have to deal with. I know how frustrating it is. I am not really speaking to mine at the moment, and I can't really say that I miss it. Haha!

    I had to laugh about feeding the kids before your husband came home. I'm starting to lean toward that route, too. LOL.

    I certainly hope you're not getting sick. That sounds really bad and uncomfortable. Very odd. No bugs (of the legged type) around these days, I hope. I think someone up here just died of Triple E yesterday, but I think they picked it up in Maine or NH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>>I had to laugh about feeding the kids before your husband came home. I'm starting to lean toward that route, too<<< Well in those days, he did quite a bit of side work after he got off his regular job. If I had waited to feed the kids til he got in, they would have still been up at midnight on school nights!! That way, they could go ahead and be in bed by 9 pm....about the time their dad came home in those days.

    As for getting sick...I'm feeling much better today thanks...I do believe it is weather related for the most part, and pulled muscles/nerve damage(old accident)for the rest. The issue with my legs is caused by the nerve damage which I aggravated when we moved the couch from hell. Seems this cold weather is settling in all of my 'old' injury areas...even the bones in my ankles were hurting last night.
    We still have mosquitoes flying although I'm sure the cold has really 'knocked them down' a bit. The body is improving and at least I'm able to get warm now...actually kicked the thermostat down last night to just above 60 degrees because I finally managed to get rid of the chills...lol
    Sometimes, the cold just goes all the way to the bone...lol, guess this is my reality check for the mountain weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, the cold just goes all the way to the bone...lol, guess this is my reality check for the mountain weather.
    Pfft! Hahaha!! That was exactly what I was just thinking. LOL!

    I'm glad you're feeling better. Now that I think about it, though, it kind of makes me think of what my husband felt like when he had that tick bite. You might want to check yourselves for weird blotches just to be sure. He would have been much better off if he'd acted sooner on that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I keep a close watch for ticks...my dogs tend to bring them in. Seems its an aggravated sciatica(sp?)...finally was able to pinpoint the spot that eliminated the pain. My tailbone has been broken numerous times over the years and this is an old old issue. Just had to aggravate it...lol It's beginning to ease out...ice has helped more than heat and I've stayed off my feet seems like forever, but its just been since Monday. Need to get the jaccuzi up and running...but, *sigh* that's going to take getting the spa repair guy out and more cash than I really want to spend right now.

    I'll keep an update on this in my daily posts...
    hope things are better at your house...I read your post for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems its an aggravated sciatica(sp?)...
    Oooooo, that's bad. I supposedly had a bout of that when I was pregnant, but I'm sure it wasn't anything compared to the type resulting from a broken tail bone. OMG!! I can't believe you've done it numerous times... you didn't have the doctors surgically embed a pillow on your rear after the first time? LOL!

    Need to get the jaccuzi up and running...
    I'd starve for a week just to save up the money to get the Jacuzzi working. LOL! That's the one thing we are always wishing we had around here.

    *wave*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, it's like I thought, when I pulled the back muscle moving this sorry couch, that's what started it this time. The tail bone is throwing arthritis pain across the lower hips, which aggravates the sciatic nerve because of how I end up sitting. It's better though.

    As for the jacuzzi...I wish it was running, I miss our old one. This 'new' one is much larger and since we got it set up it has only been turned on once. I set it for 'economy' and it hasn't been on since. My girlfriend that gave it to us said they had to have the control panel reset by the repair guy once before because of that setting. We thought it blew the GFI breaker and replaced that ($80) and it still won't come on. That was before my girlfriend told me they had to have it reset. The old one was way easier to make work. This one has like three pumps and all the bells and whistles.

    Still have the old one, but when the boys moved it, they knocked some of the plumbing loose around the jets...seem to recall a couple of the pipes were cracked then too...I was bent when I saw how they were handling it...especially since all of them are fairly tall and able to lift a considerable amount. Four of us moved it originally when we first got it and never damaged it. *SIGH*...one of these days it will be up again.
    They have 'portable' ones you know...grin...and they aren't real expensive.

    ReplyDelete