Thursday, October 23, 2008

5 Minute Cake

Oh, this is a wonderful recipe! Thanks to the friend who forwarded it to me!! I'll send the extra weight I gain your way...LOL. The recipe is very quick and makes a moist, yummy snack with very little time involved...perfect for that 'morning coffee snack','after dinner snack' or late night 'tv snack'. Heck, I'm even considering making them for company now. Perfect for a single 'sugar binge' or can be shared with others.

First is the Original Recipe...
5 Minute Microwave Chocolate Cake....

Use Large Coffe Mug that can be Microwaved
Ingredients: 4 tablespoons Flour (self-rising flour)
4 tablespoons Sugar
2 tablespoons Cocoa
1 Egg (good use for Small or Medium Eggs)
3 tablespoons Milk
3 tablespoons Oil
small splash Vanilla
3 tablespoons Chocolate Chips (Optional) but really makes it Chocolatey

The original recipe says to put all the dry ingredients in the cup first and then mix well, add the egg, mix well, then the milk, oil, vanilla, mix well and add Chocolate Chips. It comes out real good that way, but I mix mine in the following order: Put egg, sugar and oil in cup, mix well...I use a fork...then add the cocoa and flour, mix well...add milk and vanilla, mix well, then add Chocolate Chips, if using and mix well.

Place cup in Microwave....cook for 3 minutes if using 1000 Watt Microwave...about 4 minutes if using a lower watt Microwave. Depending on the size of your coffee mug, the cake may rise above the top....this is ok. I have used a tooth pick to test for doneness in mine....REMEMBER...cooking with a Microwave is a little different...things need to set for at least 3 - 5 minutes after the microwave is off so the cooking can complete. Once the cup begins to cool, the cake will begin 'shrinking' inside the cup...this is fine.

You can eat it out of the cup, or using a thin bladed knife, like a slicing knife, loosen the cake from the cup and turn it out onto a plate for slicing, or icing. If the cake is too dry,Try 30 seconds less time, it means you cooked it a bit too long. Too gooey...add 30 seconds to cooking time.


5 Minute Lemon Cake
Use Large Microwavable Coffee Mug
Ingredients: 4 tablespoons Flour (self-rising)
4 tablespoons Sugar
1 Egg
3 tablespoons Milk
3 tablespoons Oil
*** Lemon Extract or Lemon Juice *** I like the taste of Lemon, so I used about
1/8 teaspoon of Lemon Extract...I'm thinking of using Lemon Juice the next round
Mix egg, oil and sugar in mug, add Lemon, mix well. Add Flour and mix well. Add Milk, mix til smooth. Put cup in microwave 3 -4 minutes depending on your microwave.
Cool for at least 5 minutes in cup...eat from cup or using a thin blade knife, loosen and turn onto plate for slicing or icing.
5 Minute Cinnamon Cake
Use Large Microwavable Coffee Mug
Ingredients: 4 tablespoons Flour (self-rising)
4 tablespoons Sugar
****Ground Cinnamon **** About a teaspoon or less depending on your taste...I like cinnamon
1 Egg
3 tablespoons Milk
3 tablespoons Oil
Topping...3 tablespoons brown sugar mixed with ground Cinnamon in separate small bowl Cinnamon to taste...mix well with brown sugar.
This one is mixed a bit different...in the bottom of your coffee mug, put half the brown sugar/cinnamon mix...
In a liquid measuring cup, mix egg, sugar, cinnamon, and oil...add flour, mix well...add milk, mix til smooth.
Pour into coffee mug over brown sugar/ cinnamon mix....add remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mix on top. Put cup in microwave 3 1/2 minutes to 4 1/2 minutes depending on your microwave.
Let cool five minutes in cup...BE CAREFUL...the brown sugar /cinnamon will be gooey and HOT. Turn out on plate to share or wait until completely cool to eat from cup.

7 comments:

  1. [I'll send the extra weight I gain your way...LOL.]
    ROFL!! Me, too!!

    [I have used a tooth pick to test for doneness in mine....]
    LOL! I can't wait that long, so I've been defining mine as done when the micro beeps. LOL!

    [...things need to set for at least 3 - 5 minutes after the microwave is off so the cooking can complete.]
    I would die! (Refer to previous comment.) LOL!

    [5 Minute Cinnamon Cake]
    Oh, man, that sounds deadly! Mmmm, mmm, mmm! I thought you meant something like a cinnamon crumb topping... so there's yet another version to try. LOL! I have that pudding-y recipe here on my desk somewhere... I'll get that up when I find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>>you meant something like a cinnamon crumb topping<<< It comes out kinda like a crumb topping. I'll have to post my 'original cinnamon coffee cake' recipe...(once I find it again). That cake was the only thing I ever heard my youngest brother say was 'too sweet'. LOL...this from the kid who made Koolaid so sweet it was like drinking syrup. ROFL...I adore the Cinnamon Coffee cake and mom used to have me make them for her to take to work to share. Imagine if she had had this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. [this from the kid who made Koolaid so sweet it was like drinking syrup]
    Urp! LOL!

    [I adore the Cinnamon Coffee cake and mom used to have me make them for her to take to work to share. Imagine if she had had this recipe!!]
    I don't think there'd be any ingredients left for the rest of us at this point. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That reminds me... I wonder if I have my Mom's coffee cake recipe? I think hers uses sour cream. It is soooo good. I'll have to share it if I have it.

    Talking about all this dessert makes me want to skip meals. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is off topic, but... I was looking at Dutch Gardens and they have a poppy named 'Miss Piggy' Oriental Poppy. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have my mom's Sour Cream coffee cake recipe too...you are right about it being yuuuummmmy! As kids, my oldest brother made one and forgot to put the flour in....couldn't figure out why it was 'bubbly' in the oven instead of looking like cake..HAAHAHA! Had to go through the recipe with him and show him the flour that was supposed to be in it. We ate the gooey mess anyway...pretty tasty as I recall.

    As for being off topic...ppfftt...yeah ok, You actually think I have 'topics' that should be adhered to? Thanks! But don't worry ever about being 'off topic' on my page...no such animal at my place! Everything is fair game here....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. [As kids, my oldest brother made one and forgot to put the flour in....couldn't figure out why it was 'bubbly' in the oven instead of looking like cake..HAAHAHA!]
    Hahaha!! I did something like that one time. I was making something I'd made a zillion times before that had lots of eggs in it... and I forgot the flour. It took me a while to figure out why it ended up looking like omelets. LOL! I do not like eggs, so that particular mess was not tasty. LOL!

    [As for being off topic...ppfftt...yeah ok, You actually think I have 'topics' that should be adhered to? Thanks!]
    ROFL! You're welcome. LOL! :-)

    [But don't worry ever about being 'off topic' on my page...no such animal at my place! Everything is fair game here....LOL]
    Good to hear! The less I have to remember, the better. LOL!

    ReplyDelete