Thursday, October 23, 2008

Going Backward

This morning's temperature was much warmer than we've been having...at 7:00 am, it was already 70 degrees...now at just past 11 am, we are already at 80 degrees. Almost seems as if we are going backward with the temperatures at this point! Tonight's low is to be around 74 degrees from what I'm seeing. No wonder I have such a hard time adjusting to the cooler weather!

We are currently experiencing very blue sunny skies with a wonderful breeze. I love the way the wind 'talks' in the tall pines around our place. It truly reminds me of being on the mountain, listening to the wind 'talking' through the trees. Another thing to love about our 'little slice of heaven....both here and there.

After spending my entire day yesterday trying to relieve a very nasty headache, today has started pretty slow. Seems my headache was related to a muscle spasm in my neck and middle of my back between the shoulders....aaarrrggg...was painful to the point of feeling like a migraine...my eyes were squinched almost shut as I drove to make a deposit...the light from the afternoon sun made the head pound even worse. All I could think about was how badly I wanted to get home, grab an ice pack and close my eyes.

Laying down made the pain worse...ok, back to my chair with the ice pack in various places along my head, neck and finally between my shoulders as I leaned back...I found the BioFreeze that hubby has used when he has those nasty spasms and applied it to the right side where I could feel the tightness in my neck...within a few minutes, the pain was less, but then returned to the other side....ok, let's do the entire neck, both sides and back of the neck...almost instant relief. Wow, why DID I wait so long before trying this? The ice pack between my shoulders also seemed to help and once the pounding stopped, I put the ice pack back in the freezer. By the time hubby came in, the head was feeling much better and I had him apply the BioFreeze between the shoulders where I was still feeling catchy. Within fifteen minutes the pain was entirely gone...I also took a couple Advils after grabbing a bite to eat, when I put the stuff on my neck. Whatever makes the pain less!!!

While I was in town to make the deposit, I also ran up to the regular hardware store to pick up another steel/galvanized trash can. I use it for storing my large bags of dog food and my old one has been around for over fifteen years now....the bottom has totally disintegrated on the old one and has begun to 'suck' water. Makes keeping the critters out of the dog food much easier. The metal trash cans have become so hard to find at places like Lowes and Home Depot which is why I ran to the hardware store...I know they always have them. As it was, I picked up a 30 gal size, which happened to be on sale....YAY!!! Love to catch things on sale. The original price on the new one was almost $32, but the sale price with tax was under $25. As long as they tend to last, I don't think the price was too bad. At least it will keep Bear from destroying the new 40 lb bags of food when I bring them home.

Sis asked why a metal can instead of the normal plastic....we tried that prior to the metal can and the rats, coons and opossums can gnaw through the plastic...even our county issued garbage bin, which is a very heavy plastic composition, has signs of critter teeth marks on the lid. Thankfully, it is a very heavy grade plastic. The average 'plastic' garbage can though is way too easy for gnawing critters to 'eat' their way through. After going through the experience years ago, I went shopping for the metal can, which has lasted for quite some time now.

We are supposed to have another front moving across the state from the North, a cold front, and also have a system moving in from a bit of a tropical disturbance from the South...the colliding of the two systems is supposed to bring us rain, or at least a pretty good chance of it by the weekend. Great, just what my yard needs, more rain! It is still squishy in spots, although the standing water has finally been absorbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment