Thursday, September 11, 2008

Yard chores waiting and an upset Nana...

This day has dragged...on and on....its only about 2:20 pm...

Currently, it is cloudy and about 88 degrees...with the ever present steamy humidity. I've wandered outside several times already, checking the mail, feeding and watering the chickens, checking for eggs and just feeling entirely overwhelmed by the outside chores that are beginning to get way behind due to all the standing water we've had. Finally, the water has disappeared, the ground is beginning to feel firmer and I'm not sinking up to my ankles every time I walk off the paths. Just noticed that the 'pools' are gone at the pasture entrances and the huge pond by the playset is also gone. The front 'pond' has left its' big bare spot as it was under water for at least two weeks.

The rest of the yard is looking so shabby...weeds and grass are mid-calf on me...a veritable snake haven in most places. Even behind the chicken coop is being reclaimed by the Wedalia and weeds....it was cleared back to the trees. SIGH...since hubby says the float has developed a leak in the rider carburetor, looks like we will be firing up the weedeaters to knock things back a bit until the mower is fixed....joy....means most of the yard will continue to look crappy for a bit.

My mood has mellowed quite a bit since my rant and rage yesterday. I'm still wound pretty tight over the situation and if its a repeat of last week with the paycheck, it sure isn't gonna be pretty tomorrow night.

Was reading my DIL's blog a bit ago and it seems she's having issues with someone being physically and emotionally abusive to my oldest grandson...the one with autism....

GRRRRR...don't make NANA have to come kick butt!! The way she's written, it seems as its a family member and a friend who are mistreating him. Again, it won't be pretty if Nana has to make travel arrangements north right now....first off, I can't afford to, and second, by the time I get there, I'll be ready to face jail time over my grandson...you DON'T mess with my kids!! I'm hoping to hear from her later.

6 comments:

  1. it seems she's having issues with someone being physically and emotionally abusive to my oldest grandson...the one with autism.... How sad! I hate to hear when people are being mean to other people, especially when it's children. What is wrong with people?! I am feeling moody and this just makes me want to cry.

    The front 'pond' has left its' big bare spot as it was under water for at least two weeks. Oh, my word! That's a lot of standing water for far too long. There's a guy on another road, not too far from our house, that has an enormous exposed boulder in his front yard. I suspect it's part of a rock ledge because right behind it is a big patch of yard that holds water whenever it rains. Sometimes it has ducks on it. LOL! Who knows, maybe you'll get herons and egrets on yours some day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>>What is wrong with people?! I am feeling moody and this just makes me want to cry.<<<
    I'm still not sure just 'who' the family member is.(I re-read the post and there are 2 people) Nothing on this earth will make me fight faster than someone laying hands on my kids...including grandkids. That will include my son. Don't get me wrong, I am a firm believer in disciplining kids...whatever it takes to get their attention...BUT...I draw the line when it comes to laying hands on the kid just because 'you' don't like the kid...or saying hateful, hurtful things and name calling...makes my blood boil!!! Just a few of the things she mentioned...I'm ready to start throwing punches and I don't even know which family member it is! Redneck Nana will be paying someone a visit and they won't even like the consequences of hurting my grandson...been a few years since I've had to show my redneck side to that side of the family. Best pray it isn't my ex's current wife...especially with what's been said to the child. Redneck won't begin to describe my actions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Redneck won't begin to describe my actions. Medieval, maybe? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what's a good word for very violent and intent to do major bodily injury? Assault and battery with intent? Lol...more like Battery with intent...just makes me really want to just pound the person to a grease spot. Ballistic is another word that comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assault and battery with intent? Lol...
    That'll work. Maybe use malicious intent. LOL.

    ReplyDelete