Thursday, September 11, 2008

And the Heat goes on...and on...

In memory of those who lost their lives on September 11, 2001....We will never forget...

Whew, here it is just barely past 6 am and its already a muggy 80 degrees...feels like it did when we went to bed last night...I think it only dropped a couple degrees. Most of the humidity is probably being caused by the close proximity of Ike....who is still spinning and growing in the Gulf. Looks huge as it is still over 600 miles from Texas, and yet it still is pretty close to our west coast. I think they said the storm its self is over 900 miles wide....wow...That's like from here in Florida to my kid's house in Indiana....that's one bad looking storm! Texas appears to be taking no chances as they were showing evacuations taking place on the early news.

The forecast today is for more of the same, hot, muggy temperatures in the mid 90's with a heat index over 100. Sigh...looks like its going to be October before we get any change in the humidity and heat.

Hubby and I aren't exactly speaking at the moment. I allowed myself to rant and rage until I just absolutely wore myself out before he got home....by that time, I'd given myself a pounding headache and the knot in my stomach felt as if I had swallowed a cast iron basketball...the knot is still there this morning. For the time being, I'm holding my tongue and not saying any further words regarding his work...at least until the next time the pay is late in coming or he's asked to work another Saturday...figure I'll just let it sit and simmer until then. Maybe by that time, the knot will be gone...or not, payday is only one day away. Just way too wound up over this to act like an adult right now...I'm ready to throw a few punches.

I got excuses on the camper...'its sitting too far away and I can't read what it says....I'll just call the guy'...whatever. If his eyes are that bad, he has no business driving without glasses. MEN!!!

So this morning, he's sitting on the porch...with the front door open and the A/C cranking...the fan was sucking the heat from the porch directly into the bedroom where I was still sleeping. GGRRRR...so I get up and ask him what he's doing...'just sitting here'...so I kicked the thermostat higher...he comes back inside...IDIOT, can you not feel the difference in the temperature between in and out? (I had the thermostat set about 75 overnight) Its only pure STEAM on the front porch this morning. Felt like a sauna and the sun isn't even breaking the horizon yet. Makes me feel like screaming and I haven't even had coffee yet! He left for work with minimal conversation...actually, now that I think about it, no conversation...just 'I'm leaving now'....and he wonders why I don't bother to get up with him...grrrrrr, maybe because I despise being agitated and aggravated before 7 am!! Its rare anymore for me to get up before he leaves the house...this morning reminds me why.

2 comments: