Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fall is in the air...afternoon

The day has remained a very comfortable, breezy fall day...I think it might have hit around 85, but being overcast and breezy made it very nice.  Inside the house it has remained a comfortable 76 degrees for most of the day with only the windows open and the fans running...I love this time of year!

Managed to get most of the lower kitchen cabinet cleaned out....eeewww, those darn rats!!  Thankfully, most everything I had stored down there was glass...good thing they can't gnaw through that!  Just sucked because of having to get everything rewashed...dang!...I had forgotten just how much glass cookware I owned....lol.  It's all washed up and most of it has been put away...changed the location, put it in the drawer of my stove...not that that will keep the critters off it...grrrr!  But I did place everything in a large garbage bag inside the drawer to help keep the rodents from just crawling on it, should they decide to invade the house again.  Disgusting!!  Tossed a few items that I wasn't feeling a need to keep...an old blender, a few plastic items and some other stuff...nothing worth the time to clean it at any rate...

It's almost dark and its just past 7 pm...man, let the equinox pass and instant loss of daytime!  I'm surprised the chickens are still out as dark as it is...figures they'll stay out until I come back inside....hahaha. 

Hubby hasn't made it home yet, so god only knows what type of mood he'll be in.  He had a mowing job he was going to do over the weekend....until our spat....if I had been the one planning on doing it, bet your butt I'd have been gone when the fireworks started...instead of hanging around pouting and being pissy.  So, he loaded the tractor on the trailer last night and planned on doing it after work today, its on his way home anyway.  So, now that the sun is setting and daylight is almost gone, he'll be straggling home any time. 

Planning to tackle my back room again tomorrow and maybe make some headway in there...at least more than three feet inside the door....that's about as far as anyone can get without stepping over or on the crap that's jammed in there.  At least the trashcan is fairly empty, so there's plenty of space at the moment for me to continue getting rid of junk.... 

The body is whipped and the energy is waning...best find myself something for supper so I can eat before I  am too relaxed to move...

No comments:

Post a Comment