Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Dropping....leaves, temperatures, humidity and relationships

Another Beautiful Fall morning!!  The temperature before the sun rose was right at 70 degrees, the air is cool and fresh.  At 1:30 pm, the temperature has risen to about 83 degrees with a nice cool breeze.  Our skies are a clear blue with plenty of sunshine.  The humidity has left for now and even the soggy yard isn't making the steam like it normally would.  YAY!!  Fall is finally arriving!!

We are forecast for a cold front to move into the state later today...should drop our temperatures a bit lower...the remainder of the week is forecast for overnight lows in the mid to upper 60's with daytime highs in the low 80's...okay, so its still warm here, But HEY...this IS Florida afterall.  The drop in the humidity is the biggest difference in our Fall weather.

The Chinese Tallow Tree is beginning to show gold and by the end of November will have only a few red/gold leaves before the last one finally drops.  My Crape Myrtles are dropping leaves on the southwest side of the yard and even those are showing reds and golds as they settle in for their winter rest.

In other places around the yard, the Virginia Creeper is also turning and the wild grapevine is beginning to change as well.  Most of the Oaks in our yard will keep their leaves until January...right now, they are full of acorns, which the squirrels seem to enjoy bouncing off the vehicles.  My truck bed has accumulated a number of half eaten acorns the past few days, compliments of the squirrels.

Our buddy with the chickens is offering me four new ones he just picked up over the weekend...supposed to be one of the 'blue' breeds...hubby couldn't recall the name other than the 'blue'.  I'll be going over later this afternoon to check them out before I decide.  Would be cool to have one that lays the 'blue' eggs... is that Andalusian?  I've been on the chicken sites to see what some of the blue breeds look like and to learn more about them...too much information to recall exactly what I've read about which breeds...DUH...I'm so confused!!!  LOL.  Seems there has been a change in his relationship with his girlfriend, who is the reason the chickens were purchased to begin with.  The buddy doesn't have the time to take care of the animals with his work schedule, the girlfriend was the one who wanted the 'farm', but now she's not going to be around...the relationship has ended....as of yesterday.  So sucks to be young and not know what you have while it is still within your grasp...she's still sowing her 'wild oats' and he's in the settle down frame of mind.  Ahhh, to be their ages once more and know the things I've learned through my own life...how different things might have been....eh, probably not.  Some of us are just destined to keep repeating the same ways and mistakes forever...just too blamed hardheaded to realize what we're doing for the most part....LOL.

Spent some time on the phone this morning visiting with my sister and also on a separate call, visiting with another friend.  See, I can visit and save fuel...hahaha....just tie that phone line to the side of my head please.
Reminds me of when my son was little.  Things were tight financially, my sister lived about an hour away and we only had one car.  She and I have spent the entire day...almost eight hours...on the phone...long distance charges applied at that time.  OMG!!!  The phone bills were sooo outrageous at times.  My ex once told me I could have driven down and spent the entire day for what that ONE phone call cost...  My response...yeah, maybe I could have, IF the car would run on empty and IF the car would make it that far.  He stopped griping about the bill.  I was at home all day doing other stuff while I was on the phone with Sis....no portable phone at that time, but I did have 150 feet of phone cord!!!  Could drag that phone all over our apartment and even outside if I wanted!!  Ah, those were the days....

No comments:

Post a Comment