Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The second day of Fall....afternoon

Whew!  Its warm...I think I just noticed its around 84 degrees....the windows are open, the fans are running and there is a very nice cool breeze blowing through the house.  The sky is overcast once more, we had a few minutes of blowing, hard rain a little bit ago...nothing much in the way of accumulation though.  The breeze feels wonderful as I sit here taking a short break....Finally decided to tackle my back room....UGH!!!

Managed to get most of the junk mail run through the shredder and bagged up for the garbage....tomorrow is trash pickup.  Also found why I continue to smell rat urine, even though I've scrubbed and cleaned since the last signs of varmits....eeeewwww....the little buggers have chewed their way through under the floor beneath the built in drawers below the closet back there....glad I've left the old canister vacuum to use in there, just pull the bag when I'm done!  Looks like its been awhile since they've been there, but I've found one of my t-shirts, (hadn't missed it), several chewed dressing containers, (must have dragged them out of the trash) and numerous other items one wouldn't necessarily think of a rodent bothering.  I mean, who would think a critter would chew through INK bottles?  I had picked up a refill kit for my inkjet printers and the sorry little snots chewed through the bottles!!  GRRRRR...where are my rat killing dogs when this is going on???  Traps have been set and many have been caught....now the weather is getting ready to cool down again and I'll be having to deal with this all over again.  I'd put out poison, but I don't want any snakes or birds of prey injured by eating one that's been poisoned....also don't want my dog grabbing one that's had poison.  So its trap city....the glue traps are worthless, found one with one of the software cd's stuck to it...that was on my desk originally (the cd)....found it stuck on the trap in front of the closet, behind the door.

SIGH...still way much to do in there, but I started getting hot, and the thought of a nice cool glass of ice tea was more inticing than dealing with rat droppings....soooo much junk in that room and the garbage can is already close to full....might have to continue this tomorrow after its picked up.  We don't normally have enough in the garbage bin to take it out for pickup every week...sometimes, it's a month before its even close to full.  With just the two of us, there isn't much garbage....even when the kids were home, it only seemed to make it out every two weeks....except for summer time...   The rest of the time, unless hubby cleans up his messes, it sits pretty empty.  Cardboard boxes and stuff usually gets burned in the fire pit.  With the storms and drought conditions earlier in the summer, I haven't used the pit much this year.  Easier to toss in the garbage bin.

I think my biggest surprise is going to be seeing things I've forgotten about....my books, which I still can't get to the bookshelf to look through (too much in the way), and numerous other items that were tossed in there when we first moved out here.  Somewhere in there is my bow...I found my arrows, hubby's bow is in the case...

Well, the garbage can is now too full to add anything more...time to drag it down to the end of the drive...

No comments:

Post a Comment