Friday, September 19, 2008

Change is never easy...

Its almost 3:30 pm and hubby will be home in just a bit. The outside air feels warm, but not stuffy and we have a bit of breeze that really feels nice. The temperature is about 86 degrees, with sunny, blue skies.

Made it to the grocery finally...of course with all the stuff I had to replace I ended up spending more than I would normally. I'm still trying to decide just whether or not I really like this refrigerator....when the bottom door closes, the top door pops open...this will make me nuts! Just little picky things I'm noticing and comparing to the old one. Change is never easy.

After losing so much in the old fridge, I have decided that there are certain things I will not be buying in the future. Every time I seem to have my meals planned out, which of course is something I do as I'm making my list, Hubby decides suddenly that he doesn't like....whatever...
As I drove home after spending over an hour making my selections I have decided that in the future when I give him a choice (maybe that's my first mistake) and he turns his nose up and goes "eeewww" to dishes we've eaten over the past seventeen years, HE will be the one doing the grocery shopping. I'm tired of trying to figure out what we are going to eat for the month only to have him become a picky eater.

Its not like we eat weird food...we are pretty down to earth when it comes to food...meat and potato kind of people...and we both like a fair variety of vegetables....or at least we used to eat normal type food. Lately, I'm not sure what this man will consider edible. He's gotten picky about which vegetables he wants...no peas of any kind, or green beans...ick, I don't care for green beans myself...so I am limited in what I can buy. I try not to buy pre-packaged meals, but instead go for the cuts of meat we like and then figure out what side dishes to throw with them. This week, I've went back a bit towards the way I shopped when my son was little and we were on a very tight budget. Frozen pot pies, frozen lasagna, frozen skillet dinners and then the normal meats and frozen vegetables I usually buy. Sometimes I just want something light and quick, and the frozen skillet dinners work well. I have used the Hamburger helper products since they first came out and they are one of my staples for a quick dinner as well. We used to eat the Tuna helper meals, but lately, hubby refuses those....no matter what variety.

Then there are the things I cook up like, roasts, hams and meatloafs, so we can eat leftovers. I also make things like potato soup, chili, spaghetti, and vegetable soups. I don't mind cooking, I just hate it when I go to the trouble of shopping and cooking and someone wants to act picky....

No comments:

Post a Comment