Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Another one bites the dust...grrrr

Looks like we are finally approaching Fall type weather...the temperature today is only forecast for the upper 80's!!...currently we are under sunny skies with a nice comfortable 77 degrees. It actually feels cool this morning!

I believe our refrigerator has died...after seeing the ice chunks drop through the door yesterday afternoon, I didn't really pay much attention...til hubby got home....CRAP!! I went to make tea and my ice container was full of water, the things in the freezer had thawed...SIGH...guess its just as well I DIDN'T go to the store yesterday...I would have been really upset.

As it happens, I am still very annoyed by the crash of the refrigerator....its only ten years old. Darn appliances should NOT have to be replaced constantly. I could call the landlord and let him know we now require a refrigerator, but at the same time, I just don't feel like dealing with him. Figure I'm not going to give him any reason at all to try and jerk my chain over this property. So, we shall probably end up going and buying another one....all the appliances here are mine anyway. Just really hate to do that since we were discussing what we wanted for the mountain...I'd like to get one that will run on electric OR propane. Like the ones in campers.

Couldn't calm down at all once I discovered the fridge on the fritz...we unplugged it for a bit...I even took the vacuum and swept under it around the coils...the compressor was really hot...figures, its gonna be the main component...plugged it back in and turned it back on about three hours later and let it run through the night. No Luck! Got up this morning and still barely a bit of cool inside the freezer.

Should I try the repair guy or just bite the bullet and go find a new one? I'm leaning towards a new one...compressor motors are expensive...

No comments:

Post a Comment