Saturday, August 30, 2008

Just another.....

Hubby ended up having to work this morning...I was up briefly for a bathroom trip and headed back to bed. This high humidity gives my sinuses a fit and causes headaches some days...today is one of those days. While I was up, I noticed the 'red sky' as the sun was rising...normally not a good sign. An old saying..."Red sky at night, sailors delight....Red sky at morning, sailors take warning"...this popped into my head as I glanced through the window before returning to bed.

Normally, I'm up by 7:30 am anyway, and today was no different...I was awakened by the sounds of blowing rain hitting the house....seems the old saying was holding true. Because we have two Tropical systems sitting so close, I went ahead and crawled out of bed to check the weather....hate getting caught unawares. Looks as if its just some odd rain band moving through the area.

Hubby did mention his brother inviting us to come camp again once he got in...danced around the subject with him and reminded him of how I really don't care for swimming at the springs and also the area they will be, is one where you have to haul your gear quite a fair distance on foot....I don't think so...we have had gatherings at Alexander Springs in the past and even for a picnic, it is a royal pain. You park out in a huge parking lot and then hike towards the picnic areas and the spring its self....from the parking lot closest to the first picnic table is almost a quarter mile...to the area close to the water is almost a half mile from the parking lot. Great if you are going swimming only...even those diving are hauling tanks and gear quite a little distance. But, personally, I'm just not interested in being around his family at the moment....he just happened to run into him yesterday and it was a spur of the moment invite...I don't need that myself.

Whew! That bit of rain this morning sure brought the humidity up quick...its only 80 degrees right now, but man is it stuffy. No wonder I have a headache...the house has been closed up for the past week with the A/C running...I walked out on the porch for a few minutes when I let the dogs out...uuuggghhh, think I need to go back to bed for a bit..

No comments:

Post a Comment