Saturday, August 30, 2008

Chili con wowie...to Spanish Rice

Last nights supper...Still craving the Spanish Rice, I went ahead and cooked up a small amount of rice....1/2 cup dry rice...1 1/2 cup water...salt...for only the two of us, this is enough rice....

After the rice was done, I poured the remaining chili over it, mixed well and re-heated on low....stirring frequently to keep it from sticking....I did have to add about a cup and a half more water while it was heating. Re-heated the remaining cornbread and supper was done.

MMMMM...yummmm, this came out exactly the way my tastebuds were craving!!! Now that's something that doesn't happen often! The last of the leftovers....about two more servings....I'm so glad my husband doesn't mind finishing things off. He's usually the one saying let's have it again...

No comments:

Post a Comment