Saturday, October 11, 2008

Friday and Saturday...and the comfort of a hug

Friday morning hubby didn't have work...seems he's been given another day off this week. They've had a couple different jobs for this week, but now it seems there is a permit issue....and again our finances take a hit.

The day was pretty fair, we got more rain but the temperature stayed pretty nice. The weather said we got a total of 3 inches Thursday night...makes about five inches for the week. Plus the rain Friday. One of our water coolers was left sitting on the back porch open. It holds five gallons...after today's rains (Saturday) it is showing water to the two gallon mark. I'm willing to bet its about seven inches. Our yard looks like it did during the hurricane rains...we are flooded front and back. The swamp has returned with just three days of rain. I won't be making an offer to buy this place....hopefully we'll be able to get to the mountain as planned.

Saturday has been nice...we had cool temperatures and sunny skies most of the day. It waited until afternoon to rain and then was sunny once more. Hubby spent the day working on the van replacing the exhaust system...its almost ready to go back together and be welded and put back under. The rain delayed things for a bit and the welding will have to wait for a dryer day, tomorrow we're hoping.

Finally got to drive my little Dakota for the first time in weeks...I miss my truck. Went to the feed store down the road to pick up feed for the chickens and a bale of hay. I need to get the nest boxes and the coop cleaned out and refreshed for the cooler weather....if it ever gets here. I also plan to use the hay out in the garden area after I till it all under and move Penny and Patty. Good thing hubby put the hay in the shed...it could be a bit getting the tilling done with the rain hitting like it has. As it was, the hay almost ended up getting wet...the rains began shortly after I returned home...I had just got the feed in the can when it started to sprinkle. Hubby ran the hay bale to the shed for me before he came inside. It sure made the driveway a muddy mess where he was trying to work.

Hmmm, was thinking about the hay...I think I'll use my old hay that got wet out in the garden and keep the good hay for the hens... don't know where my brain is lately. Using the old damp hay in the garden was my plan to begin with, that's the reason I went to get a new bale...DUH!!

This morning was one of pain...I woke up with my back catching between the shoulders...old car accident thirty years ago...its been acting up since we moved the couch from hell last week. I re-injured it a couple years ago when I tumbled down our old back steps...call me klutz! Tripped over my own feet on that one, went sprawling down the steps onto the dirt....dressed for work, skirt, blazer, hose, heels. Was not one of my better moments! The left shoulder caught the most of it as I tried to protect my face...always leading with my face...hahaha. Was ok, but very embarrassed and also very lucky...I was behind our deck, no neighbors home at that time of day, and my cell phone...that was in the house. I discovered that as I was trying to decide if I could move...patted my pocket and to my dismay, the phone wasn't in it. Fortunately, I was able to just dust myself off and go on to work....after retrieving my cell. The shoulder was stove up a bit, but hey, I've had worse...I could move it ok and it didn't act like it was injured too badly. Took a couple of months but it worked itself out. Hasn't really bothered me much since....but the area between my shoulders, those vertebrae were injured during the wreck and it seems they are pinching a different nerve now...used to be kinda numb in that area...not since the steps.

My emotions were a bit weird today as well...woke up just bawling over nothing...I noticed the roof appears to be leaking over our bedroom area as well and that set me off. Hubby was very supportive this morning and attempted to show his concern by coming to give me a hug. Sometimes, that's really what I need...the comfort of a hug.

3 comments: