Monday, October 27, 2008

An Arctic chill visits Florida

Cool weather is now upon us...again this morning the house was at 55 degrees...I had dropped all the windows and shut the door before we went to bed last night. Outside is the same temp...at 7 am, it is still pretty dark. Hubby came in from warming up the truck and grabbing his jacket from out back (was in his truck) and said he couldn't see the gate well enough so he didn't let the chickens out...no biggie, they can wait for a bit til the sun is up.

The weather people are saying we have some Arctic air sliding down over us out of Canada...we are supposed to drop to the mid 40's tonight. Today's high is forecast to be in the upper 70's. I just noticed on my Mountain weather map that our low for tonight is just a shade cooler than the highs there today....brrr. Glad we won't be seeing weather with lows in the 20's like they are.

Finally have kicked the heat on for the house...have it set at 60 degrees right now so it isn't freezing in here in the morning. Hubby has already been whining that he's cold once the sun sets. He has turned the little space heater on in our bathroom already. So funny, since it's normally me who caves and turns the heat on.

With these unusually low temperatures hitting us so early, looks like I'll be going ahead and spreading the hay around the flowerbeds. I had planned to do that anyway, but not quite this soon. At 10 am, it's only 62 degrees outside...looks like I'll be waiting til it warms up a bit more before I head outside today. I noticed Patty and Penny were out at just about 8:30 this morning...but wait, hubby said he didn't let them out...hmmm, their coop is still closed so how did they manage that? I went out to see and noticed that they had somehow knocked the back door of the coop out. The back doors are just strapped in place as we didn't have the hinges when hubby put it together for them. I let the others out of their coop as well and headed back inside where it was warm...I'll throw feed out later.

Guess it's time to find something semi warm to wear and get my day started...

No comments:

Post a Comment