Monday, September 29, 2008

A pretty fair Monday...

The temperature at 6:30 am is about 75 degrees, the sun has yet to break the horizon. The air feels cool and nice this time of the day. I let the chickens out of the coop and as Penny and Patty came out, the others immediately began their attack....sigh...I picked them up and took them to the garden. They just don't need to spend their day on the run or being attacked. As I carried them to the garden, Mojo snuck up behind me and yanked on Penny's tail feathers...he knows better! I immediately swung my foot in his direction as both hands were full of chicken! Got them to the garden and scolded Mojo as I made him come to the house. Tossed some scratch feed to everyone and headed inside to get things ready for my run into town. Finally the sun began to glow across the trees around 7:30 am. The sky is clear and the heat is rising.

1:30 pm: Went to town so I could make a deposit and check on a converter box for the van tv. I don't have to worry about it for the house as we are on cable. But with hubby wanting to set the van up for camping and it having a small tv already, figured I will need to go ahead and pick up the box so we can still use it. Not real concerned with it as we would probably just use it for watching movies on the dvd player...but I did tell him I'd check on one. It seems like its been ages since I have been to Radio Shack...probably a year? While I was in that shopping center, I also ran over to the Dollar General store...I really enjoy those type of stores. Picked up a few things there like freezer bags and a couple of the collapsible laundry hampers. Spent about an hour just wandering around the store checking things out. Next time I'm in town in that area I plan to head over to Big Lots....my next favorite store. Just never go to town much anymore.

By the time I got back to the house it was close to time for hubby to get in. I had decided to make potato soup earlier in the day, and when he came in I gave him a choice of soup or pork chops...he chose soup. Works for me! I peeled and cut the potatoes, onion and then chunked up some of the ham I had made over the weekend and put the pot on to cook. I love the smell of stuff cooking, especially soups. Turned out pretty tasty as usual.

The chickens went to roost before 7 pm...wow...by the end of the month when the time changes they'll be in bed by 5 pm! They have been staying outside until almost 7:30 pm...this is a definite change for them. Since we still haven't got a door on the new nest box in the garden, I was going to take Penny and Patty back to the main coop. Poor babies...I decided at the last second to just bring one of our dog carriers to the garden so they didn't have to be so traumatized by the others. The carrier will at least keep the critters from being able to get to them. They weren't real happy about being taken from the nest box to the carrier, but I'm not real crazy about finding one or both of them missing because of a critter....these little girls are producing some very nice large and jumbo size eggs....I sure don't want to miss out on those.

The oldest boy stopped in...not real sure why as his vehicle is having a water pump issue...he lives almost a half an hour's drive south of us....he stayed for about an hour and then headed home...hubby invited him to stay for supper, but he declined. I think he was heading to pick up his girlfriend from work.

All in all it was a pretty fair day. The temperature hit about 88 degrees and the humidity was pretty high as well...was still warm in the house even after the sun set tonight...at 11 pm, it is still above 80 degrees outside...ugh!...almost makes me want to turn the A/C back on...but the fans will stay on tonight instead and I know by the time I get up, the house will feel cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment