Thursday, September 18, 2008

Delivery people....

Well, its now almost 4:30 pm...still no refrigerator...got a call from the delivery person asking where I live....the IDIOT who took our order last night didn't bother to make the notation on the paperwork about us living on the WEST end of Daytona, NOT Beachside. Of course the delivery person was on beachside...this was just after 3 pm. He had the audacity to ask if I would mind waiting while they delivered several others BEFORE me since they were on beachside. I replied in a very annoyed tone that I had been told it would be delivered between 2 and 4 pm. NO I do not want to wait any longer as I have already been without a fridge for the past TWO DAYS!! He said they would deliver mine next...yeah and I'll believe it when they pull down the driveway.

If my husband and I BOTH had not stood there and given the location, including the part that 'it's out past the Flea Market and just south of the Landfill'....to which the guy responded, 'oh yeah, I know there are several roads with that name.' HELLO!!!! Then why didn't YOU put that on the work order???? And people wonder why I get so ballistic!!! Incompetent idiots that can't even take directions. I also had explained that we are constantly being called by delivery people that have been sent beachside instead of to the west side of town.

I'm ready to scream!!!! Can't go to the grocery to replace what had to be tossed until the new one arrives...by that time hubby should be home and I should be cooking supper. To put the icing on the cake...we paid for it to be delivered since we didn't have the straps in the truck with us last night. This place offers 'same day delivery' and the only reason I didn't show my ass last night, was due to the time that we made the purchase. I didn't expect to be kept waiting the entire day....got the call about 10 am that my delivery would be between 2 and 4 pm.

I may still complain....this is just ridiculous.

4 comments:

  1. I tried three times to post this over on the other post, but it didn't seem to work, so I'm trying it here.... (Now that you mention it, I do remember trying to post an entry on my blog a couple of days ago and the thing saved it instead of publishing it to my blog. I wonder what's going on with Blogger?)

    ---------------------
    or possibly one that will run on a solar setup...
    Ooooo. That would be cool. I'd love to get off the grid. Do you have a link to that, or remember how or where you found it?

    ....maybe if I quit 'treading water' I will drown??
    That's kind of what I thought would happen...

    My luck I'd float!!!
    ...until you mentioned that! ROFL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my original search link...the other two aren't the one I was on last night, but I did check them out and they are similar to what I looked at. One of the sites is out of Montana and their product is made by the Amish for the Amish in particular...thought that was cool since craftsmanship is important and that's one of the things the Amish are known for. I also shot through "Solar Refrigerators" on Google and got some nice sites.

    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4TSHA_en___US287&q=propane+and+electric+refrigerators

    http://www.gasrefrigerator.net/gas_refrigerator_frostek.htm

    http://www.cetsolar.com/servel.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I've bookmarked your page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) You are welcome! Enjoy...I had a blast checking these out.

    ReplyDelete