Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Grey day....

At 2:45 pm, it remains a very grey day. The humidity has come up high enough to chase me and the dogs all inside. The temperature on the porch thermometer reads about 88 degrees. There is a bit of a breeze now and then. To look towards the sky makes one feel as if winter is just around the corner...its that grey and nasty looking. Again the forecast is calling for afternoon rains....we shall see.

If the rains come, it will probably happen about the time hubby is heading home after work....especially seeing as we planned to stay home tonight and work around the house...such is life!!

Perhaps if the rains hold off we might be able to get the yard mowed, at least the front....it so sucks with the 'new' rider...its a pull start, which I have a very hard and painful time trying to start...god, I miss the electric start mowers!! My pulling arm, right arm, is the shoulder that gives me the most trouble...just trying to use it swimming last week about brought me to my knees after doing a very shallow dive movement...the abrupt movement as I brought it above my head shot pain to my little finger, from the shoulder down. Bursitis issues have plagued that shoulder since I was seven. On a happier note, since experiencing that while swimming, the shoulder has actually 'freed' up a bit and is moving a bit less painful at this time.

Time to move on today and get something started for tonight's dinner....been craving a big pot of ham and pinto bean soup...and a pan of cornbread...yum...well, if that's gonna happen for tonight, then I'd better get to cooking!!

2 comments:

  1. the sky makes one feel as if winter is just around the corner... la-la-la... I'm not listening. I can't hear you! ...la-la-la LOL!

    been craving a big pot of ham and pinto bean soup...and a pan of cornbread... Mmmm, I love ham and beans. It's been forever since I've had that. I love cornbread, too. Maybe with guests coming up, I'll make that stuff. Of course, it's supposed to be more summery when they're here than it has been. Naturally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. la-la-la... I'm not listening. I can't hear you! ...la-la-la LOL!
    ....Hahaha, I hear ya DJ!! If you saw how grey the sky is the past few days you'd know what I mean...afterall, winter in Florida is just that...greenery surrounded by grey skies...LOL.

    Its still pretty warm here too, especially for bean soup...but, if I waited for cold weather, I'd be waiting for quite a spell...hahaha
    Could always cook the beans down a bit and serve them as a side dish...lots of 'Southern' meals include pintos as a side dish....and cornbread, well, that's on the table for most 'suthen' meals...

    ReplyDelete