Tuesday, August 26, 2008

End of the month...Already??

The water continues to recede in the yard...the sun is turning it to steam and dropping it back as rain late in the day...vicious cycle here. The morning began cool at 75 degrees...the humidity was pretty low considering how mucky it was last night at 11 pm. We left the house closed up and the A/C running because of the humidity. Before sunrise, the air was nice and cool.

Our biggest concern at the moment is the mold and mildew that goes hand in hand with all this rain...uugghh...you can smell it in the air outside around the areas where the water has been standing. We had a small area show water damage from the roof...I've had the fan blowing on that area of the ceiling since I began to notice the water ring. It's almost dry at this point and I'll be wiping it down with a bit of bleach to keep it from forming the black mold...ick. One of the more annoying things about living in high humidity. Even the moisture in the house causes the mildew to form on all sorts of materials...like my leather shoes...grrr...just noticed my good loafers are 'green'...yuck, sigh...guess I'll have to see if I can get them clean...sucks because I rarely wear that pair of shoes and was hunting something else when I ran across them. Makes me really scared to check my other leather items...like the suede skirt, two suede blouses and my leather dress....all hanging in the garmet bag in my closet....naw, not now, I just can't look!!

The current weather pattern is our 'normal' summer weather...this IS our wet season after all. At this point, I can hardly wait for November when the chances of being slapped silly by a hurricane is way less. Already looking forward to the cooler weather that September will bring...the temperatures should begin to drop to the mid 80's soon and the humidity should be much lower as well.

Hard to believe August has flown by so quickly! Guess being 'pre-occupied' with the storm and the rains have kept me from noticing how fast the month has flown. Hadn't given it much thought really, until this morning when I got my email notice that my rent check had been sent...WHAT??? Already? What is today's date???? Ok, so I know it's the youngest son's birthday today, but it still wasn't registering that 'hello, its the end of the month almost'!
Where has this month disappeared to already? Summer is truly almost at an end...school is back in session, the days have begun to grow dark earlier and now September is about to begin....another turn of the wheel as Fall creeps our way....

No comments:

Post a Comment